Our Terms & Conditions
Once an online, written or verbal booking has been accepted by Haelan Therapy, the client will have entered into an agreement to have a treatment, course or retreat based on the following terms and conditions.
- We respectfully ask that clients make payment via PayPal, GoCardless or cash either before or immediately after their treatment, thank you.*
- Treatments - A minimum of 24 hours notice is required from the start of a client's treatment appointment time if a change or cancellation is to be made to the appointment time or date. Payment for each treatment is required in full if the session is cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice or the client fails to attend.
- Courses - A minimum of one weeks notice is required ahead of the first day of a client's course if a change or cancellation is to be made. Payment for each course is required in full if the session is cancelled with less than 1 week’s notice or the client fails to attend.
- Retreats - A minimum of one month's notice is required from the start of the retreat if a change or cancellation is to be made. Substitutions can be made and agreed with Haelan Therapy and Learning to Listen. Payment is required in full if the session is cancelled with less than 1 month's notice or the client fails to attend.
- Treatments, courses and retreats and the prices listed are subject to change without prior notification.
- We have the right to refuse or discontinue a treatment at any point. Circumstances where this may apply include, but are not limited to:
- The client is under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs
- Recent surgery
- The client behaves in an inappropriate or offensive manner
- The client is or becomes unwell e.g. fever, digestive upset, allergic reaction, seizure, fainting
- Clients under the age of 16 are welcome if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, who will be asked to give signed consent to treatment. They will also be asked to remain present for the duration of the agreed treatment.
- Treatments conducted by Haelan Therapy are not a substitute for proper medical diagnosis and treatment. At no time will a client be encouraged to stop medical treatment or reduce or change their prescription drugs without prior discussion with a GP or consultant first. It is also the client’s responsibility to consult with their GP and get approval before any treatments can commence.
- During a client’s treatment consultation we will need to collect personal information which is important for our client-therapist relationship and will be used to tailor treatments. This information is strictly confidential. We will maintain its accuracy by updating it as advised by the client.
- Haelan treatments may at times address specific personal issues, challenges or general conditions in a client’s life or profession. All information provided will be kept strictly confidential with the exception of any information which, if withheld, may result in danger to the client or others.
*Where a client is a member of the Priority Client Scheme, separate terms and conditions apply. Please speak to your Haelan therapist for further information and clarification.