Reflexology - £50
A natural therapy performed on the feet using massage with varying degrees of pressure to stimulate the movement of energy in the reflex zones
- Are you stressed, anxious or depressed?
- Do you feel out of balance?
- Are you experiencing a physical dis-ease of your body?
- Do you feel the need for some time out to rest and relax?
Reflexology is a natural therapy used to promote wellbeing and helps to treat the whole person. It encourages a deep state of relaxation while stimulating your body's physical and emotional healing processes. It encourages a stronger body and calmer mind by helping to detoxify, increase circulation, balance energy and boost your body's immune system. The body is a complex machine in which all the parts need to be working together to maintain balance. If this balance is disrupted for any reason by dis-ease of the body, the rest of the body works harder to try and achieve balance. This may eventually cause further problems. Reflexology aims to induce a state of balance and harmony, stimulating the reflex zones found on the feet to heal both physically and emotionally.
How does the treatment work?
Your treatment will include an in- depth consultation that will give you the opportunity to consider where you are now and where you want to be after the treatment. You will be asked to lie on a treatment couch and be encouraged to close your eyes and relax. Pressure is placed on the reflex points found on the feet and stimulated to encourage the movement of energy along the pathways using finger and thumb massage techniques. It is quite different from general body or foot massage which provide a manipulation of the soft tissues in the body. Reflexology is a beneficial treatment that may be used on any person; young or old, male or female.
Benefits of a Reflexology treatment:
- Enables you to connect and make changes on all levels; physical, mental and emotional
- It stimulates your body to produce endorphins, the body's natural painkiller
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Revitalises and rejuvenates your mind and body
- Detoxifies and cleanses your body by improving the function of the lymphatic system
- Aids relaxation by balancing your emotional state and promotes restful sleep
- Increases your circulation
- Stimulates the nervous system